|Wentz Group maintains a policy of
active participation in selected community projects and programs as a means of giving back
to the community. The following are representative projects and programs.
- Donation of development and construction services, as a
private project, for the new UCLA Cancer Institute in Los Angeles, California. When
completed, this $75 million facility, containing 225,000 square feet, will then be given
back as a gift to UCLA to be utilized in their pursuit of a cure for cancer.
- Donation to develop and construct the state-of-the-art Jeanie
A. Wentz Cancer Research Laboratories at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles,
California. These laboratories have been instrumental in the development of
Herceptin, the most successful drug to date in the treatment of breast cancer.
- Donation to fund scholarships for medical students at the UCLA
School of Medicine.
- Donation of construction services for Christmas in April
Playhouses that are raffled off in the spring of every other year.
- Donation of construction services for the Mervin Morris Boys
and Girls Club in Redwood City, California.
- Donation of construction services for the San Carlos Youth
Center in San Carlos, California
- Donation of the development and construction of an office
building that was given as a gift to the Peninsula Children's Center in Palo Alto,
California, which provides care for autistic and schizophrenic children.